Thursday 24 September 2015

SoSueMe Workshop - What a Day!





Morning Gorgeous!

I just wanted to share with everyone all about the SoSueMe workshop she held in the Mt. Errigal Hotel in Letterkenny, I think everyone will agree with me when I say it is about time she came up this way! She had mentioned on her Snapchat that she had to expand this workshop as there was so many people wanting to go, she has such a massive following up this way! There was even people who travelled from Athlone and Sligo to go to it. Dedicated fans!

- OOTD - 
I'll go through my outfit firstly from the day - I really loved this whole outfit and sure any excuse to get my holiday tanned legs out! :P Dylan actually told me he liked my outfit at the meet and greet at the end, naturally I was chuffed...... and a little flustered! Lol!

I decided to dress down for the event, I had a midi skirt and heels picked too and on the day I thought this was the better choice. It was casual but very stylish and I just love these boots so I am literally wearing them with everything! 
The skirt is my favourite and it fits so perfectly, this is going to be perfect for Winter with tights and a polo neck. Love the little blouse too, I am a sucker for mustard so when I seen it on sale I had to have it!


Blouse - River Island - €25 (Reduced from €40) 

Skirt - H&M - €24.99

Gilet - New Look - €44.99

Boots - Penneys - €25



- The Workshop - 
The room was laid out beautifully and the excitement walking in and seeing the SoSueMe goodie bag at each seat! 



So the tickets were €75 which is a lot of money but I just could not pass up the chance to go as I was devastated I couldn't go to the one she did in Sligo as that was the closest workshop until now. Sue is the first blogger I really started to follow so since my little blog is only a few months old I thought it was perfect timing to go see her. It was definitely worth every penny though as she packed so much into the day it actually ran over the time it was scheduled to end. 
On the day she had nail technicians available to paint any shade of SOSU nail polish you wanted free of charge which I thought was a nice touch. I didn't get mine done as I had Gel polish on from holidays but one of the girls with us had hers done. She also sold her polishes for a little cheaper at the event so that was a definite plus! They were 3 for €20 and of course I had to buy the 3 - if you are following me on Snapchat you would have seen the colours I bought which were 'I do', 'Boss Bitch' and the Top Coat. I already have 'Icing on the Cake' which is a fab colour too. She had her Crownbrush brush set and her book on sale on the day too. 



The event started just after 11 and kicked off with Sue talking about how she got into blogging. It was quite humbling to hear her full story told by the woman herself. She then went on to talk about how SoSueMe was born, where the name came from and gave some tips on running a successful blog. She was incredibly honest while she talked about all this which was great, I didn't feel like she was just telling us what we wanted to hear. She held absolutely nothing back and it was incredibly refreshing! She spoke like she was just having a chat with you in the pub, very informal and natural.

There was a makeup demo done by makeup artist Sinead Murphy and questions answered throughout the demo. Sue done a tan demo on stage using the St. Moriz tan which was great as I've never used this tan before but will definitely be trying it. 


We had afternoon tea at 1pm for a hour and it was FAB - little dinky fancy teacups, finger sandwiches and lots of little sweet treats! It was gorgeous!

After lunch there was a female fitness talk from Rob Lipsett, a run down of Sue's AW nail polish collection, a talk through her Crownbrush set, a section about wardrobe staples for coats and jackets which I loved and a fabulous Fashion Show! The fashion show had lots of gorgeous outfits from River Island, Coast, Karen Millen, H&M and more. She had put together everyday outfits right through to night outfits and everything in between. There was some fab outfits and if you had been following my Snapchat I posted lots of videos and pictures of the outfits. Sue's sister Carla did a lot of the modelling for the fashion show and the wardrobe staples section. I am not afraid to admit that she has one fantastic behind on her and anyone who denies they noticed is blatantly lying! Haha! Definitely an ass that every girl wants! That family has some damn good genes!! 

The day ended with a meet and greet where Sue was taking pictures, chatting and signing books. We all queued up to talk to her, we were exhausted so I can only imagine how she was feeling but she never let it show. She took the time to talk to everyone and take lots of pictures. While we were on stage getting pictures she was just the sweetest person, she is stunning in real life and so friendly. She complimented me on my boots and was keen to hear what our favourite part of the day was! Dylan was on hand to take photos also and can I just say how lovely he is! Honestly he was so nice, they are seriously the nicest couple ever. Dylan was also on the nail station selling polish and I can't think of many boyfriends who would do that, he even helped me decided which colours to get. I mean where the hell did she get this guy?! She is one very lucky lady. (As am I because my boyfriend is equally amazing of course! Haha!)



The goodie bag then contained a bottle of St. Moriz tan, a Flormar lipstick, a no7 product, 2 essence products and a Crownbrush brush. 





So stupidly I forgot to save all the photos I put on Snapchat so I can't share them here but hopefully you were following me so you got a look at the whole day first hand as I snapped LOADS! 

So that is my review of the workshop! Overall it is definitely worth the €75 as there was so much packed in to the day and I took lots of notes on products to buy so keep an eye out for any new products coming up for review on the blog! As soon as pay day comes around that is! :P

Happy Thursday!

LL x

Snapchat - MorningGorgeous

No comments:

Post a Comment