Sunday 3 May 2015

Make Me Beautiful!



Morning Gorgeous!

So I don't usually do this but I am posting my make up details from the night I wore the white lace dress. I really liked my make up for a change so I took a few photos to share with you and give you my product list. 

I am not in any way trained in applying make up, I only know what I have taught myself over the years, which is probably not very much! So before I buy anything I troll the internet looking for reviews and photos to see what is best to use. I'm sure there are plenty of people on the same boat so this is my product list and a short review on each. 



Skin
Primer - Mac - Prep+Prime Natural Radiance Base Lumiere, Radiant Pink
I am currently looking for a new Primer but this one is fine - it gives the make up an nice even finish and it lasts quite a bit longer.

Base - Sleek MakeUP - CC Cream, Fair
Honestly I don't think this makes much difference as I have done my make up lots without it and it looks the same. This is really a tinted moisturiser and the CC stands for 'Colour Correcting'. It is quite handy though for throwing on under a powder for a quick nip to the shops if you don't want to put your full face on!

Foundation - Mix of Estee Lauder and Chanel - Estee Lauder Double Wear Light, Intensity 1.0. Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua, 20 Beige
I like the lightweight feel of the Chanel but I add the Estee Lauder to give it a longer last. I feel they work well together. I have also recently got a No7 foundation which I mix with the Estee Lauder and I love that too - the No7 is Stay Perfect in Warm Ivory. The No7 is a little heavier than the Chanel so is perfect for a night out. 

Contour - Crownbrush - Countour Palette
I have only recently started to Contour as I have seen it done so badly I have been scared away from it! :P But as with anything, practice makes perfect and I am still practicing! I would only use this cream contour on a night out as it can be quite harsh for day time. I usually only add a concealer/highlighter for day time and I use Rimmel Lasting Finish Concealer in 010 Porcelain.

Powder - Mac - Mineralize Skin finish, Medium
This powder is designed to set your make up without adding a colour and its great, it really does exactly what it says on the tin. I have been using this for as long as I can remember.  

Blush - Sleek - Contouring and Blush Palette, Light 373
I use the blusher in this powder contour palette for nights out, it has a bit of a gold shimmer in it which looks great but maybe a little much for day time. For day time I use Max Factor Perfection Blush in 223 Natural Glow. It is a nice light pink for a more minimal look for day time. 

Powder Highlight - Sleek - Contouring and Blush Palette, Light 373
I use the same palette as an extra highlighter just for the cheekbone. It has a light shimmer in it so I usually do a line along my cheekbone above the blush.



Eyes
Shadow - Urban Decay - Naked2
The Naked2 palette is my go to palette for night and day make up. It is the best! I have the Naked3 also and it is nice for a change as it is very pinkish but the 2 is definitely my favourite. You can do a bronzed eye and a smokey eye with it and those are pretty much my go to styles! I do run a little bronzer in the crease of my eye also along with the Naked palette to add some depth.

Liquid Liner - Rimmel - Exaggerate Eye Liner, 001 100% Black
I love this liner - its quite easy to control which is important for liquid liner as the process is difficult enough as it is! I don't know about the rest of you but this putting on liquid liner is the worst part of putting on make up - I never get them both the same and always end up with black eyes! Its a very rare occasion where my liner is in good shape but since using the Exaggerate liner it is definitely been an easier process.

Mascara - Maybelline New York - The Colossal Volum' Express Mascara, Smoky Black
So I have been intending to buy the Benefit mascara everyone is talking about but it seems ridiculous to spend that much money on a mascara! So while I talk myself into it I am using the Colossal from Maybelline. I like this one, as long as I curl my eye lashes it gives pretty good volume.


Brows - Sleek MakeUP - Brow Kit, Dark 818
I LOVE this brow kit, it has a powder and a cream in the kit. I don't even use the cream, the powder on its own gives me the brows I want on its own. It doesn't budge all day and longer if required! I sometimes wake up after a night out and my brows are still on point! 


Lips
Lipstick - Mac - Matte Russian Red A93
I love this lippy, it is the perfect red and stays on for AGES! It is my absolute favourite. 

I have included a photo below of my make up from Thursday night also - I used the same products I have listed above. Lipstick is No7 Cranberry.


I hope this helps! I know other people's reviews always help me chose products so hopefully you got some information today! Let me know if there is something I have not covered that you'd like to see.

Happy Shopping!

LL x


No comments:

Post a Comment